WHAT ARE EDIBLE STRAWS?
- SORBOS are biodegradable edible drinking straws with flavours that add differential value to beverages.
- They respect the content with no transfer of colour or taste, providing an aromatic component that extends and marries with the content of the beverage. Each unit is individually packaged.
- They last for approximately 40+ minutes once added to the glass. Ice is the key factor in extending their rigidity (the more ice in the glass, the longer the biodegradable straw will remain intact).
- They are best consumed within 2 years, so this is a long-life product that can be used at several events throughout the year. No special conservation or maintenance is required. Simply store in a dry place.
- All the materials that we use are biodegradable or recyclable. By buying these SORBOS, you are helping to reduce the amount of plastic on the planet.
HOW MUCH SUGAR
- Approximately 8 grams of sugar. They have less than 28 calories per unit, which is not a very high calorie content. less than 1/4 of a banana.
WHAT KIND OF SUGAR
- We use beet sugar.
ARE THE SUGARS NATURAL
- SORBOS is made with 100% natural sugars.
IN WICH COUNTRY IS THE SUGAR PRODUCED AND WHAT ARE THE WORKING CONDITION.
- Our products are made in Europe and comply strictly with European labour law.
DOES THE SUGAR CONTENT CHANGE DEPENDING ON THE FLAVOURS.
- All flavours of SORBOS contain the same amount of sugar, 8 grams.
ARE EDIBLE STRAWS HEALTHY
- SORBOS does not contain high amounts of sugar. But if you don’t want to eat the straw, simply discard it once you’ve finished your drink. It’s biodegradable!
IS THERE ANYTHING OF ANIMAL ORIGIN IN THE PRODUCT.
- Yes, they contain halal-certified beef gelatin.
WHAT STORAGE IS REQUIRED.
- The only precaution is to keep them in dry conditions out of sunlight. Being exposed to prolonged direct sunlight or high humidity could affect the intensity of their colour, although their flavour will remain intact.
WHAT IS THE LENGTH AND THICKNESS OF THE STRAWS.
- SORBOS straws are designed with a specific thickness (8mm outer and 6mm inner) in order to use with any type of beverage, irrespective of its density. The average length of SORBOS straws is 19 cm. This means that they can be used in most glasses used on the market. They’re not too short for hi-balls and they don’t get lost in tumblers or balloon glasses.
WHERE CAN I CHECK THE TRACEABILITY OF THE PRODUCT.
- We print the manufacturing and expiry dates on the receipt label.
WHERE ARE THE STRAWS MADE.
- The SORBOS factory is located in Barcelona (Spain).
WHO MAKES THE STRAWS.
- Us! We are the manufacturers of SORBOS products.
HOW AND WHAT MAKES THE STRAWS SUSTAINABLE.
- We substitute disposable plastics. They’re also biodegradable and compostable.
DO WE USE AND PLASTIC IN OUR PRODUCT.
- No, our products and the entire manufacturing process are 100% plastic-free. The packaging is made from paper and biodegradable resins are used for sealing. The boxes are cardboard.
WILL YOU BE INTRODUCING NEW PRODUCTS.
- We are working on different formulas to put into production in the near future.
WHAT IS THE MIN AGE TO USE THEM.
- They are suitable for all ages. However, please exercise caution with little ones, because a small piece can cause choking.
CAN I CANCEL MEY ORDER.
- As an edible product, it is non-returnable. For more information, please see the General Purchasing Conditions or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEN WILL I RECIEVE MY ORDER?
- We aim to ship orders same day with orders before 4pm for next working day delivery.
CAN I TRACK MY ORDER.
- Yes we send tracking information with all orders.
Tel: +447999 373839
Address: GRG House, Cobden Street, Manchester, M6 6NA